Reasons why I came to this realization:
1. I always hop on the bandwagon of trends a year or two after something is cool. Okay, I have many examples…First of all:
a.) The Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses. So, remember when the classic black style came out like 2 or 3 years ago? At the time I was like, “Eh…Not that cute.” Then, soon after they started making colored versions of the style, at which point, I was even less enthused…But then, like the very un-cool person I am, I discovered them on my own for the first time less than 4 months ago. Now I have two pair, white and red, and I wear them like it’s my J-O-B. All the while knowing they’re actually not hip to wear anymore, but that doesn’t stop this whirling dervish from losing any momentum whatsoever. For reals.
b.) Then there were Juicy Couture velour sweat suits. I got my first one at least 6 years after they made a bang onto the scene, and probably around the time suburban mom’s in Long Island started wearing them.
c.) And I can’t forget about Uggs. <–Still wearin’ em.
d.) Oh, and cell phones. Had an ancient cell phone (ancient as in one step above that huge awkward cell-y Michael Douglas used in Wall Street circa 1987), until about 2 months ago…then, I got an iPhone (P.S. And it was a hand-me-down from my mother-in-law…it’s not even like I took steps to improve my own cell phone image.)
e.) I can’t forget about skinny jeans and flats. Discovered this combo by the time Old Navy was mass producing both. (<–BTW, I’m not puttin’ down Old Navy…I think ON is the bomb.)
2. When I watched the video from my wedding, and realized I look like a humongous freak while dancing to rap music…Sooooooo awkward…The worst part is, I basically thought I was Beyonce.
3. Yesterday I went back to school, and I was VERY excited about it…therefore I’m too school for cool.
4. I watched the VMA’s and thought to myself, “What is this music that these kids listen to these days?” and also, “Who ARE all these people???” <–But this might be due to the fact that I have lived in Grenada for the past 2 years…
And last but not least…
5. I don’t care that I consistently have panty lines with leggings. ‘Nuff said